Amber Sands is a boutique hotel resort managed by proprietors Simon Brown and family. After falling in love with Thailand for its culture, environment and lifestyle, they decided to make their own roots on the beautiful island of Koh Chang, located to the south of the main land. The family are avid travellers and have a passion for providing great service and great local food and drink. From their travels, they like to bring their experiences back into the resort, introducing new ideas for guests to enjoy, be it in the restaurant, resort activities or within the accommodation.
The resort’s beachside location provides stunning views across to mainland Thailand, Cambodia and across the coastline on the island. Next to the renowned amber sands beach, guests have the space to relax and walk around the bay, take one of the kayaks out into the sea for a paddle or enjoy a Thai massage to the relaxing sounds of the sea.
The resort continues to receive recognition for its excellent service and experience by customers, receiving the TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Award for the last 6 years running. The dedication of Simon and the family will ensure your experience is tailored to your wishes and look forward to welcoming you.
What to expect
- Family owned involvement in daily management.
- Caring hosts who are attentive to your needs, yet mindful of your privacy.
- Warm and friendly hospitality.
- Small enough to offer an individual service.
- As one of our guests said “five star service at 3 star prices!”
- A quiet and tranquil atmosphere without karaoke, disco or televisions.
- “Put your feet up and relax” environment.
- “Home away from home”.
- Attention to detail in your rooms, with mosquito spray, slippers, a number of international plug sockets, reading lights, etc.
- Free WIFI and use of a computer.
- A library of books in a number of languages.
- Two kayaks and four bicycles, at no extra cost.
- Local advice about the island, the many local sights and activities.
- Located on the quiet side of the island, yet only 20 minutes away from bustling White Sands.
- “It's the spirit that makes all the difference.”
We won’t oversell and make our resort look better than it is. Amber Sands is not 5 star luxury, so please don’t expect that. We prefer to manage expectations and offer “what you see is what you get”.
Probably 85% of our guests are from western and northern Europe (mainly Scandinavian, Dutch, Belgian, German and English), with the balance from Canada, the US, Australia, South Africa and a few other countries.